Friday, December 25, 2009

After returning from Vietnam,
I am currently engaged in my "class CIP"
Which is essentially to host Hong Kong ppl for exchange program.
Vietnam was not tat spectacular.
Communist, weird ppl (I mean those in the tour group, not locals there) and shopping.
That will veri much sum up the trip.

There are two reasons why I place inverted commas for "class CIP"
1) No even half the class turn up on any single day so far.
2) A one of a kind experience that is nothing like any of the CIP I had done so far.
I will elaborate on point 2 further.

Day 1 (Wednesday, 23/12)
Arrived in the airport at approximately 12.25pm
Waited till abt 2pm (A long wait...) for them to collect their luggage from belt 19.
Depart for hotel. Check-in.
Then we wait for them to gather at some "Grand Hall" in the hotel.

While the hall was filling up,
Firdaus tried to start a conversation with one of the few early birds.
"Are you one of the exchange student?"
I looked down onto her name tag, which wrote "Dr Carol Ma..."
" Err, she's a doctor..."
Yea, we had a good laugh.
I think tat tat really made her day, making her feel much younger.

Next we have some introduction.
Onli then did I realised almost all of them are taking art subjects in the university.
Not long before we leave for Pasir Ris.
On the bus trip, I tried to tok to those behind my seat.
It did not went veri well until...
"Can you speak chinese?"
"会啊"
"原来你会说普通话,不早讲!"
Right, newer generation of HK ppl speak chinese.
Dad's advice was not right everytime.
Apparently, they have better chinese than some Singaporeans.
I should thank her (Sorry, not good wif names!) for enlightening me.

Prawn fishing, which I caught nothing.
Dinner and some "entertainment", ruined by the soft volume of the mics.
And Dr got my socks for gift exchange, my new Esprit socks.
Guess all of them are tired on the first day.

Day 2 (Thursday, 24/12)
Reached Payar Lebar SouthEast CDC at 9.45am
Did not know that we need not meet so early.
Mayor tok... Blah Blah...
Quote from Jin Feng: At least I can use it for GP.

Talk to Vivian over lunch...
She 's quite a nice lady who is slight better at communicating in English.
Learn quite a bit on the educational system there.

After lunch, we went for an "amazing race"
$50 for transport wow =D
And I showed them what we can do with Mr Yusof Ishak on the $50 bill.
Group 1,2 and 4 decided to join up and screw the original race plan.
Instead, we brought them for Roti Prata, Mutton soup, Malay Kue and Teh Tarik.
Cabs to Chinatown where they tasted the square egg tarts.
Gosh I did not even know that such thing exists in Chinatown.

MRT to Orchard.
Running late and we did not do our amazing race ws =P
Char Kway Teow for dinner.
Obviously our groups did not eat much...
Our CDC youths tried to say the cantonese phase of "你吃饱吗?" in threatening manner.
Wanton leftover was the bomb.
It can at least feed someone for 3 meals.

View Christmas lighting after dinner.
Walked along Orchard road all the way back to hotel.
Which makes me wonder how long since I last hang out there...

Today was suppose to be home stay program for them.
Sadly my parents were in Malaysia for de weekend and hence I hosted nobody.
As I was saying, this CIP was nothing like wat I had done before.
And definitely, the best CIP ever =D
Can't wait for tmr: Day 4

No comments: